I just released my first book, Online Dating for Sensitive Women. I am so very excited to have this long project completed! It took me close to 13 months to bring the book to fruition.
I have had a book brewing in me for over a decade. I have several other books already outlined, one nearly complete. However, something in me knew they weren’t THE books that my soul was called to share at this time.
My “Why” Was Too Great
It is suggested that we focus on our “why” when tackling a big project. By doing so, we can access the passion and drive that pushes us forward when things get difficult. My “why” was a promise I made to the Universe five years ago.
Shortly after asking for a divorce and imploding the life I had known for over 16 years, I vowed not to let other women struggle as I had. I swore that if I made it through the fire, I would reach back a hand to pull other women safely through too.
The pandemic was a strange blessing. It reminded me that life is precious. I couldn’t keep avoiding the notes on my vision board that were screaming “write your book” and live in “freedom!” In addition, I was given an amazing second chance at love. This book was born from a deep sense of service and genuine gratitude for how far I’ve come.
Why Sensitive Women?
I have had several people question why I was focusing on sensitive women, and what I even meant by that term. Some even worried that I might alienate my audience by labeling them.
As they say, “write what you know.” I am proud to be a sensitive woman. I no longer feel shame for my sensitivity. It is one of my greatest strengths. I want other women to join me in honoring and supporting their sensitivity as the gift it is.
I am an empath, an HSP (highly sensitive person), an INFJ (“The Advocate”), and I have codependent tendencies. Furthermore, my birth chart shows that I have a stellium (three planets) in Cancer. This typically indicates someone who is intuitive, sensitive, and emotional. If you know me, you have probably seen me cry. I do so readily. I feel things deeply and couldn’t stop that if I tried.
I know many other women are like me. We are what society calls “good girls,” who love passionately and eagerly put others’ needs before our own. I LOVE the sensitive women in my life. I want to be sure that they see their true worth. For many years, I didn’t, and it caused me far too much heartache. As a newly single woman, I was a magnet for manipulative men and narcissists. I know my story is all too common.
The Traits of a Sensitive Woman
In my opinion, most women are sensitive. The Divine Feminine within us is naturally nurturing and compassionate. However, everything in life is on a spectrum. Some women are further on the sensitive side than others. In general, most sensitive women can relate to at least one of the following:
- You have been called “too sensitive” – this is the most obvious indicator. Even though what others think of us doesn’t always ring true, in this case, it is typically accurate. Sensitive women often live a life of shame. We have been told that our emotions and kindness make us weak, which often leads us to hide this beautiful aspect of ourselves.
- You cry easily – romantic movies, images of caged animals, funerals, and touching stories all cause you to weep in recognition of the beauty of life.
- You are an empath – you physically feel the energies and feelings of others. This is a quality you have typically had your entire life, although you may never have realized others didn’t feel the same. If you find that you struggle with mood swings or dramatic shifts in your energy, especially in crowds, you may be an empath who is reactive to the energies around you.
- You are a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) – similar to being an empath, being an HSP means your nervous system is ramped up. You have a strong reaction to things in your environment like sound, light, scents, temperature, food, and medications.
- You have a “sensitive” personality type – There are 16 personality types. Several are known to be especially emotional and compassionate including INFJ, INFP, and ISFP.
- You are codependent – women with codependency put the needs of others before their own. They want others to like them, and they strive to always be a “good girl,” not rocking the boat or being “difficult.” Codependency is complicated. It has been called a lack of self-love that requires an individual to look for validation from others.
- You have been controlled by others – sensitive women are particularly prone to manipulation. The “good girl” expectation leads many women to feel powerless. They over-give in relationships and often end up surrounded by toxic people, including narcissists, who shame them for daring to ask for even basic respect.
- You have anxiety or digestive issues – sensitive women are often overwhelmed by the negative energies that surround them. This can lead to a host of health problems, including anxiety or stomach problems. For instance, I have struggled with gastroparesis (a painful condition that halts digestion) because I so readily stuffed my painful feelings down.
Sensitive women tend to be naturally compassionate, generous, conscientious, dedicated, and forgiving. Furthermore, they are often self-deprecating, humble to a fault, and lacking in self-esteem, a natural response to constant criticisms regarding their sensitive nature.
This is not an exhaustive list of what it means to be sensitive. However, if any of this resonates, you are likely higher than average on the sensitivity scale. If you are in online dating or considering giving it a try, you must be especially careful about protecting your beautiful heart. I know this all too well.
Sensitive Women Deserve Love
One of the primary goals of Online Dating for Sensitive Women is for my fellow sensitive sisters to recognize the beauty of their innate sensitivity. I teach the exact tips and tools I used to uncover and honor who I really am, protect and heal my heart, determine what I needed in a partner, and ultimately fall in love with my life. Once I loved myself fully, that is when my perfect partner showed up. I want all sensitive women to join me in finding the love they deserve.
Hear more about why I wrote the book through this video:
Order your copy here, and please share this post with any women in your life who could use the support. Thank you!